7 Day Rwanda Gorillas and Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
Gorilla tracking today is ranked among the top and must see attractions in Africa. On this tour, you will visit 2 different gorilla groups in Volcanoes National park Rwanda. In other words, you will track the gorillas twice on 2 different days. The 7 day gorilla holiday in Rwanda tour further takes you to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu, proceed to Nyungwe National park for chimps and other primates tracking as well as treetops canopy walk adventure. All in all, you will explore Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda.
Where to Go and What to do?
The 7 day gorilla trekking Rwanda package takes you to the places below;
- Volcanoes National Park: Located in northern Rwanda, about 90 minutes from Kigali Airport. Here you will visit the gorillas twice (double gorilla tracking), visit local communities around the park, the beautiful twin lakes of Burera and Ruhondo. In this park, the mountain gorillas co-exist with golden monkeys, therefore, we shall track these rare monkeys.
- Lake Kivu: This is located in Gisenyi separating Rwanda and Democratic republic of Congo. Here you have a chance to visit DR Congo boarder at Goma, take a fantastic boat cruise on Lake Kivu to the hotsprings and coffee Island, visit Imbabazi orphanage.
- Nyungwe National Park: This is located in South western Rwanda, is the largest montane forest in East and Central Africa, with about 13 primate species including Chimpanzees, blue monkeys, Mangabeys, Vervets, Olive Baboons, L'Hoest Black and White colobus monkeys among others. The main tour activities include Chimpanzee tracking, treetops canopy walk, black and white colobus monkey tracking, bird watching, forest walks, tea harvesting and congo Nile guided hike among others.
- Genocide museums: We shall visit Gisozi museum and Camp Kigali, Murambi technical school (also gazetted into genocide museums) and Bisesero genocide memorial site.
- Kigali City: Explore Kigali city by or on foot, see plazas, commercial building / shopping malls, the first house, local art and craft markets, fruit markets, etc
Proposed Itinerary in brief
Day 1: Pick up from your hotel in Kigali after breakfast, or from the airport on arrival, Kigali city tour, lunch, transfer to Volcanoes Gorilla Park.
Day 2: First gorilla trek, afternoon visit to beautiful twin lakes (Burera and Ruhondo)
Day 3: Second Gorilla Trek, relax in afternoon or musanze caves exploration or community walk
Day 4: Golden Monkey tracking, transfer to lake Kivu, afternoon boat ride.
Day 5: Visit Imbabazi orphanage or Bisesero museum and Goma boarder, transfer to Nyungwe National Park, lunch enroute.
Day 6: Morning Chimpanzee tracking and afternoon colobus monkey tracking or canopy walk adventure
Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali (5 hours), enroute visit to Murambi museum, Nyanza King's palace, arrive in Kigali by early evening.
During the 7 day Rwanda gorilla trekking adventure, accommodation will be offered in different accommodation lodges that fit your budget. We have Luxury lodges, deluxe and budget. You can also mix the 3 categories and a get a quote from us. Contact us for such special interest ad get a free quote from your award winning team of tour consultants. The list of lodges to choose from include;
Volcanoes National Park Lodges
- Kinigi Guest House
- Hotel Muhabura
- Hotel la palme
- Le bambou gorillas lodge
- Villa Gorilla Lodge
- Hotel Gorillas
- Amahoro Guest House
- Virunga Lodge
- Mountain Gorilla View
- Gorillas nest lodge
- Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Nyungwe National Park Lodges
- Nyungwe Forest Lodge
- Nyungwe Hill top View Hotel
- Peace Guest House
- Gisakura Guest House
Accommodations around Lake Kivu - Gisenyi
- Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
- Paradise Marahide Hotel
- Palm Resort
- Stipp Hotel and many others
- Emeraude kivu resort